I think mornings have the capability to make or break your day. I hate getting to work late, particularly because my morning started off poorly. I hate having to rush out the door when you really still need a few minutes to get ready. I hate the opportunity for it to go spiraling downhill in a matter of seconds.
While my mornings are still quite a 50/50 shot at going smoothly, here are some things that really do make a difference in the success of getting out the door in one piece.
- Having a nanny right now is a blessing from God. No rushing the kids out the door.
- Getting everything possible ready the night before is probably the biggest time saver. I’m talking everything from coffee to outfits to clean sippy cups.
- Spending quiet time first thing (even coffee is second) sets my day in order. It hugely changes my frame of mind and my heart…and my attitude. I can tell a difference when I forget.
- Have a backup outfit with you, or at least accessible.
- Carry wet wipes in your car and purse.
- Give yourself 10 more minutes than you think you need.
- Expect interruptions.
- Tell your kids and husband you love each other…no matter what.
Feel free to add any tips you have to make your mornings smoother!