Technically our anniversary isn’t until next week but with the previous posts this week I thought it might be fitting to list some of the things I have learned in the past nine years!
- “Don’t let the sun go down on your anger” is so important…and sometimes so hard.
- I don’t think I really learned what unconditional love was until I had kids…and then I realized how conditionally I have loved my husband.
- Making sacrifices is HUGE.
- Men marry a woman for who they think she is; women marry a man for who they think he can become. My dad also said it well, “Men marry thinking they can finally put the relationship stuff behind; woman marry thinking they can finally start working on their relationship.”
- Sometimes my husband washing baby bottles really is sexy.
- I’m still learning not to “talk” the situation (and my husband) to death when we have a disagreement.
- I really do have to show my husband true respect in order for him to show me the love I desire.
- Changing my frame of mind and praying over my husband/marriage does more than ever trying to convince him to see things my way.
- Speaking love languages is extremely important; equally important is not tearing down your spouses love language.